So after discovering that I needed custom steering stops to make the Crossbones frontend work, I asked Daniel if he could fix that while he was working on my engine. He said it wouldn't be a problem. Welding is just part of being a true full service motorcycle shop.
First he cleaned off the paint in the general area for the stop.
He played with a few ideas until he found something that was doable for the time we had left. (I left my house at 4AM to get to his shop by 7AM. I had wanted to leave by noon to beat a winter storm that was supposed to be coming. Finishing the engine part 2, part 3, and part 4, and we were behind time.)
Coping the mating part.
Tacked into place.
Doing the full weld.
About what we need.
The interesting thing was the stops on the springer are a bit different on each side. So the custom frame stops are different to match the springer stops. Here, the right side is tacked in place.
Jeff had to help a lot to get the right side all the way welded.
Pretty much done and functional. Daniel wasn't super proud of the aesthetics of these stops, but they are functional. Given the limited time that he was given and how ugly the rest of my frame is, these stop are good to go.
Daniel did smooth out the weld to make it a bit prettier.
Then he slapped the tanks on to double check the clearance. I discovered that I was kind of mounting my tanks wrong and the back tank mount wasn't exactly on the frame correctly either.
My bike is finally looking like a bike again.